The Company realizes the importance of conducting business with justice while paying attention to the stakeholders, the society and the environment with morality, ethics and good governance to carry out the operations of the Company with integrity, transparency and fairness. Nevertheless, the Board of Directors’ Meeting No. 3/2557 on April 30, 2014 has resolved a framework of the Corporate Social Responsibility Policy as follows:
1. To Conduct Business with Fairness
The Company shall give importance to conducting the business within operate within a fair competition framework under related laws and regulations, which shall be practiced as follows:
- The Company shall encourage the employees to realize the importance of business practices within a fair competition framework.
- The Company shall support various public policies which promote fair competition.
- The Company shall conduct various activities in compliance with the competition laws and rules while providing full cooperation to the government officers.
2. Anti-Corruption Policy
The Company intends to conduct business with transparency, adheres to good corporate governance, maintains the benefits of all stakeholders and provides an anti-corruption policy, while supporting activities which enhance and foster the executives and employees to conduct business operations in accordance with related laws and regulations
- The Company shall instill ethical conscience, good values, and positive attitudes for employees to conduct business operations with integrity.
- The Company shall provide an efficient internal control system with proper re-examination and counterbalances.
- The Company shall encourage the employees, partners, representatives and trading partners to report policy infringement and unfair or unethical practices.
- The Company shall implement the anti-corruption program and shall refrain from actions which may demand
3. Respect for Human Rights
The Company has a policy to treat all stakeholders, i.e., the employees, the directors, the shareholders, the investors, the clients with fairness and without bias for or against any person due to the similarities or differences in nationality, religion, sex, age or any matter.
4. Fair Treatment for Labor
The Company gives importance to equal treatment to all employees while providing work opportunities, remuneration, welfare, appointment and removal, and performance development along with moral improvement under the following guidelines:
- The Company shall respect the right to work in accordance with the principles of human rights without bias, discrimination, exclusion or prejudice in employment.
- The Company shall provide social protection and good working conditions for the employees, that is, measures for treatments of the employees shall be clearly specified and employment conditions shall be fairly determined. Furthermore, the Company has a policy to strictly abide by the Labor Protection Act.
- The Company shall provide health protection plans and safety in the workplace by promoting and adhering to the standards of operations of the Company to prevent accidents which may occur during operations.
5. Community or Society Co-Development
The Company realizes the importance of social co-responsibility thus the Company has provided projects to consistently help and develop the society by focusing on donations and education supports.
6. Environment Conservation
The Company conducts its business in compliance with the laws and regulations which are related to the environment and has specified measures to protect and solve problems affecting the environment caused by the operations of the Company, if any. Furthermore, the Company has a group of teams who has been trained to handle dangerous goods of different categories to provide emergency response due to leakage of any dangerous goods - not just those dangerous goods deposited at the Company’s group but also incidents in the nearby community which may occur due to those dangerous goods.
7. Information Technology Security Management
The Company has developed a policy regarding information technology security to provide a framework and identify a strategic plan to improve the current information security system of the Company and its subsidiaries to meet international standards. Also, this includes the initiation of prompt and appropriate remediation regarding actions from security incidents for all the users which will help lessen and mitigate our exposure.
8. Acquisition and Dissemination of Innovation Arising from those Operations Responsible for Society, Environment and Stakeholders
The Company has established a policy to promote and develop innovations with an emphasis on research, development and innovations to enhance the quality and market value of the products and services that will elevate the Company’s competitive edge in accordance with the goal and strategy and emphasizing on social and environmental responsibility to create shared value for all sectors of society for the purpose of sustainable growth.
In 2018, the Company appointed IT Committee to research, develop, promote, and organize various activities to stimulate the use of knowledge and creativity towards improvement of software innovation which enhances total supply chain of the company as well as the overall economy and society.